1. Is there a preferred pronunciation of Ondenia that we should use? No. This is a fictitious location/hospital.
2. Will the panel judging our presentation in January be acting as the "Clinical Quality Subcommittee of the Ondenia Community Hospital Board of Directors"? Is it possible for us to know the professional background of the subcommittee (are they strictly clinicians or is there a mix of administrators and clinicians)? If the panel is not acting as the "Clinical Quality Subcommittee," is it possible to know the judges' professional backgrounds? The panel will be acting as the “Clinical Quality Subcommittee”. All of the panel members will be health care professionals either academically or clinically.
3. Are we acting as Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nursing Officer, etc. or are those people in addition to us? You will be representing your own health care professions. You will be part of the team along with the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nursing Officer, etc..
4. Are we allowed to involve the jury (panel of judges) in a dialogue as part of our presentation? No, there will be time at the end of your presentation (if you are selected for the January 8th and 9th event) for the panel to ask your team questions.
5. We were wondering if you had the contact information of a physician or community partner of an Ohio hospital. We would like to gather more background information about hospitals in Ohio. This is a fictitious hospital and community; you are welcome to use general demographic information.
6. "The CEO has charged your team; and the following, the Chief Nursing Officer, Chief Medical Officer (an employed hospitalist), Assistant Hospital Administrator, Head of Pharmacy, Director of Care Management, and the Director of Quality of Ondenia Community Hospital, to conduct a root cause analysis of COPD" does this mean that within our team we need to set "roles" or are these people within the scenario that work along with our team? These would be professionals that work along with your team members.
8. Can we use a “Prezi” instead of a PowerPoint? The handbook states that we would like each team to submit their presentation as a PowerPoint. – This is for formatting and software issues.